Want To Be Our Next Apprentice?
We have the following apprenticeships available:
Horticulture: Grounds maintenance (soft-landscape) includes the establishment and maintenance of plants and cultivated areas. Horticulture focuses on plant propagation and plant growth. Work is generally based outside and undertaken throughout the year, so apprentices will frequently work outside in all weathers. Apprentices will start in a ‘hands-on’ role covering a range of practical tasks, with specialist skills being learnt through progression. A wide range of machinery and tools are used and additional training may be required depending on the nature of the works undertaken.
Arborist: The work of an arborist involves diverse activities such as chainsaw work, aerial tree work, pruning, dismantling and using appropriate machinery such as brushwood chippers. An arborist will undertake aerial tree work but may also be ground-based. They do a range of tree work jobs with indirect supervision. They are capable of supporting the tree work team across a range of basic technical skills. An arborist may progress to undertake inspections and surveys of individual and woodland trees, advising landowners on how to care for their trees, or teaching others about the benefits of carefully managing trees.
What we offer:
- Two-year training course
- One day a week at your local agricultural college
- Support and training with a team of experienced operatives from Ground Control
- Experience working with some of our largest clients (Network Rail, Tesco, Severn Trent Water, Sainsbury’s and the Tower of London are some of our largest clients)
Benefits and Perks:
- Being part of a Sunday Times 2020 Top Track 250 Company & London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’.
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’.
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration.
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression.
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives. By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral.
- Free gym access,
- Nursery Vouchers,
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Semi-Annual Bonuses, Share Options, 2 x salary death in service cover
What sort of person are we looking for?
- Everyone is welcome!
- People that care for the environment
- Someone dedicated to moving forwards, embracing opportunities and building a career in horticulture.
- Someone inquisitive, keen to learn and enjoys working outdoors with nature.
About Ground Control
Ground Control is the UK’s largest external maintenance and commercial landscaping company. We are a values centred business, creating and maintaining external spaces that are safe and enjoyable for all. We are the contractor of choice for many well-known private and public organisations and look after 50,000 sites across the UK!
How we work
We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our environment. Together, we’re stronger.
We have ambitious plans, Join Us!
Want to apply or find out more?
Send an email to our friendly talent team and they will contact you with more information! Just email: firstname.lastname@example.org