Corporate social responsibility and supporting communities
Corporate Social Responsibility
Ground Control is deeply committed to upholding and promoting green practices for all aspects of our day-to-day operations. As a constant reminder of our ethos, the phrase ‘caring for our environment’ is incorporated into our company logo.
We ensure our eco-conscious attitude is reflected in the approach of our workforce, covering everything from the tools we use to how we dispose of our waste.
Ground Control is accredited to:
- ISO 14001: An Environmental Management System that incorporates sustainability and carbon footprinting, and whose policies and procedures are audited by a third party.
- FORS (Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme): We have earned the Bronze Fleet Management Award, confirming our excellent compliance with vehicle safety and efficient operating practices, which is audited by third party.
- ESOS (Energy Saving Opportunities Scheme): Run by the Environment Agency, this scheme identifies cost-effective and energy saving opportunities. This is audited by third party.
We are always conscious of the way in which our work affects the wider world and believe that social and environmental responsibility involves everyone. We understand that our work influences the local communities, therefore our CSR policy sets out principles and initiatives for promoting corporate social responsibility within Ground Control.
- Environment: We have a deep commitment to minimising our carbon footprint and promoting exemplary environmental practice within our company. We do this in a number of ways, including: investing in electric vehicles reduction of waste, minimising pollution and pesticide usage, altering driving practices, and using zero-emission alternatives wherever possible.
- Communities: Ground Control build rapport with our clients and the wider local communities, as we find that this community-focussed approach allows us to deliver the maximum benefit to the local character of an area, and to respond to the specific needs of people.
- Charity: We undertake charitable support here at Ground Control, with our primary goal being to raise money for multi-beneficiary organisations. In the past, we have raised funds for The Haiti Earthquake Disaster Relief, the World Wildlife Fund, Macmillan Cancer Support, MIND and CLIC Sargent
Ground Control strive to go above and beyond in supporting local communities, and in providing employment and training opportunities. We are also committed to bestowing charitable support to multi-beneficiary causes on local, national, and international levels.
We have taken part in a diverse range of community work, such as assisting with charity events, community action days, and clean-up projects. It’s this approach that has helped Ground Control become active members in the communities they operate in.
Development of Younger Generation
Ground Control took the leading role in developing the Trailblazer apprenticeship scheme, which is focussed on the arboriculture, forestry, horticulture, and landscape industries. We enjoy helping young people develop their skills and experience, arming them with tools to kickstart their own career in this sector.
We are proud members of five environmentally-focussed groups, lending our support through the provision of vital funding to aid their conservation work. The groups are:
- Butterfly Conservation Trust
- Bat Conservation Trust
- Royal Society for the Protection of birds
- Bumblebee Conservation Trust
- Essex Wildlife Trust
To find out more about how we help support local communities, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.