Tesco Stores UK
- First 100 completed by Dec 2019
- Used more than 12,000 times by Dec 2019
- Over 60,000 kW energy dispensed to charge EV’s
- Further expansion during 2020/21
- Sites near major trunk roads to have DC rapid charging
- Once roll out completed, 2400 charging bays available
- Several other key services provided by Ground Control for Tesco.
In a Tesco partnership with VW and Pod Point, we were chosen as an installation partner for providing EV charging facilities across 600 stores in the UK. The aim of Tesco was to provide customers with charging points that offers them a sustainable choice and giving them the opportunity to charge their car for free while they shop to make their lives easier.
A recent VW survey found, six in 10 adults say they are more likely to buy an electric car if they can charge for free, while
68% reckon companies in the UK should be doing more to encourage motorists to make the switch to electric cars.