Longbridge Retail Park
Client: St Modwen for Longbridge
Over of project:
Operating within the public realm, Ground Control were contracted by St. Modwen Developments to reprofile the green spaces at their Longbridge Headquarters to “create green spaces suitable for their staff to enjoy and relax in”. It was imperative that the works also supported St. Modwen’s goal to “to achieve net biodiversity gains across all development activity”, and that it supported the needs of both the busy retail park, and South and City College that surrounded the newly formed green spaces on both sides.
Scope of works:
Whilst completing the works in the public realm, we also had to take into consideration the needs of the nearby college, several different aspects were undertaken to create a pocket park, to landscape the surrounding areas, and the installation of a range of street furniture across the development.
The pocket park included earthworks to reprofile the area, as well as modern landscaping to provide sophisticated and useable spaces suitable for all the different stakeholders and future users.
Site Wide Works
- Implementation of pedestrian and traffic management plans to minimise business disruption
- Communication plans created and implemented considering the client’s needs, as well as the bespoke needs of the businesses within the retail park, and the nearby college
Pocket Park Works
- Excavation and preparation work completed within a busy public realm
- Earth Works and re-profiling of mound areas and a new footpath network to increase the accessibility of the new spaces
- Soft landscaping including the planting of trees of hedges to create a new pocket park
- Installation of bespoke street furniture including several pergolas
- Curbing and edging of the new footpath network
Surrounding Areas Works
- Installation of street furniture including benches within the busy retail park
- Soft landscaping works including tree and shrub planting in hardstanding areas
- Curbing and edging of newly created landscaped areas