Royal Museums Greenwich
The National Maritime Museum is the world’s largest maritime museum, with the grounds as its showpiece. Ground Control has been maintaining the UNESCO World Heritage site since 2004, with a permanent maintenance team on site to ensure the grounds are kept at show level, ready at all times for the 2.4 million visitors per year to enjoy.
Ground Control’s works include 12 acres surrounding the National Maritime Museum, Queen’s House and the Royal Observatory.
Overview of Services
- Grass cutting (cylinder mowing, edge trimming by hand)
- Shrub and rose pruning according to good horticultural standards
- Hedge trimming (formal)
- Hand weeding (hoeing), weeding to hard standing, weed control to lawn areas
- Daffodil removal (cut down and clear in July)
- Litter control
- Tree works (removing epicormic growth), topiary pruning
- Leaf clearance (daily)
- Summer and winter bedding
- Fine turf renovation (spiking, harrowing, top dressing, overseeding)
- Winter maintenance
- Jet washing