Winter Gritting & Salt Placement Service
> Request a quote via email
> Call the winter gritting team on 0800 334 5606
Who Are We?
- UK’s largest winter gritting company
- We offer an unlimited timely service from 1900hrs – 0700hrs
- All visits are reported on our bespoke app, which includes vehicle tracking 24/7 support on phone and email
- We can offer a reactive gritting service when required
- When snow hits 5cm our dedicated snow teams attend site overnight and clear
- Bespoke gritting lorries looked after by our professional team of mechanics
- Bespoke Vale Engineering Snow Blades
- Our reliable equipment is manufactured in the UK, so we always have immediately available stock to hand.
- Hand Push Spreaders stored in the UK ready for next day dispatch
- Ground Control stores over 25,000 tonnes of salt stock
- 20 day’s worth of stock held at each depot (183 depots)
- Emergency Salt depot with 10,000 tonnes if required
- We also supply grit bins (and replenishments), Adhoc client salt orders, snow shovels etc.
We’re always wintering ready at Ground Control. After spending the summer months stockpiling grit and salt, our winter maintenance team is well-supplied to keep your premises safe, and your site users protected from the hazardous conditions, with our winter gritting & salt placement service.
We deploy our fleet of salt spreaders and winter gritting lorries to locations across the UK, managing the winter safety of premises across the country. As multi-award winners, it’s this combination of premier equipment manned by dedicated professionals that make our service truly first-rate.
Established since 1973, our team have built up a strong reputation as a leading provider of winter gritting & salt placement service, always making sure to create bespoke maintenance plans for each and every client. If you want to find out how we can help keep your premises hazard-free, get in touch with our team today for some advice or use our online map tool below.
Ian Morehouse, Director of Winter, Ground Control reflects on the 2020/2021 winter season