Responsible Procurement & Design
In line with our eco-conscious ethos, Ground Control is committed to responsible procurement and design, incorporating this attitude into all corners of our business. Whether it’s ensuring we use wildlife and bee-friendly plants, or making sure we utilise recycled compost and bark mulch, our experts look for every opportunity to boost our green credentials.
Conserving Natural Resources
Ground Control is dedicated to purchasing Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) timber wherever possible, for the purpose of conserving natural resources. The FSC certification is an indication that the providers of the sourced timber have adhered to several key principles, including: eco-friendly forest management, mitigating environmental impact, protection of the rights of indigenous peoples, and equipment safety.
Habitat Protection & Enhancement
Our in-house ecology team are devoted to the protection and enhancement of natural habitats, regardless of the size or scale or project. Since 1973, we have cared for the environment through the conduction of best practices, and adapting our technology to low-emission models.
A few ways in which we ensure this commitment include:
- Acting on the advice of our specialist ecology team to present solutions to ecological constraints.
- Advising an appropriate methodology.
- Conducting protected species surveys.
- Advising on feasibility and site suitability.
- Providing habitat evaluation, creation and restoration advice.
- Training our staff in environmental compliance.
- Removing litter and debris from sites
Any further questions about our procurement and design? Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team today.