Working on a national UK basis we have been able to support local communities throughout the country through employment and training opportunities as well as wide ranging charitable support.
Examples of our support, working with local communities include:
- Providing education and engagement with National Maritime Museum, in a charity daffodil planting event
- Removing 4.5 tonnes of waste as part of a clean-up event in Bury St Edmunds alongside Havebury Housing
- Assisting in Birmingham’s Oaklands Park’ Community Action Day
- Community planting days with various clients, including Pennaf Housing Group, Sovereign Housing, Enfield Council, and more.
- Improving outdoor spaces at Pilgrim’s Hospice, Ashford, in partnership with Tesco
We also teamed up with our client, Tesco, to assist with the BBC’s DIY SOS Big Build Veterans’ Special. Supplying landscape personnel to support the project, we helped transform the street into homes fit for Armed Forces veterans, as well as landscaped the surrounding streets.
We assisted Cumbrian flood victims during a clean-up operation, whereby a number of our men helped out on the ground in Keswick, delivering much needed supplies provided by Ground Control.
We are led by our commitment to our people and passion to improve our environment, and are active in contributing to a wide range of projects to create a safer environment for the local community and residents.
Our motto of “caring for our environment” is something we take seriously and hope to pass on to each community we connect with.
Helping the younger generation, we are taking a leading role in the development of the new Trailblazer apprenticeship scheme; a new nationwide Government run scheme for the Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture and Landscape industries. We are extremely committed in helping people develop the skills to progress, and are proud to be inputting to aid the development of the younger generation and the future of the horticulture and landscape industries.
We reach out to as many vulnerable or unfortunate people as possible, and take part in a variety of annual charity events including Macmillan’s Coffee Morning, Comic Relief and the Birkett’s Race4Business. To date, we have donated over £90,000 to charitable causes.
We are members of a range of environmental focus groups. Through our funding, we proudly support these groups in focusing efforts on their vital work to conserve both the wildlife and the environment, including:
- Butterfly Conservation Trust
- Bat Conservation Trust
- Royal Society for Protection of Birds
- Bumble Bee Conservation Trust
- Essex Wildlife Trust