Cushman and Wakefield
With over 100 years of experience in real estate, Cushman and Wakefield have grown substantially and today operate in 60 countries, employing over 50,000 people. Cushman and Wakefield are "committed to being a responsible steward of the environment". The driving force behind everything they do is their people and being one step ahead of "what's next in the world of real estate", so that they can contribute meaningful value to their stakeholders and communities across the world.
With Ground Control's underlying principle of, 'caring for our environment' and putting our people at the centre of everything we do, we are the perfect partner in recognising and delivering a service that supports Cushman and Wakefield's values.
Ground Control has worked with Cushman and Wakefield since May 2019.
A total of 80 sites managed, including:
- Portsmouth Motor Park
- Lombardy Retail Park
- Winter maintenance
- Specialist cleaning
- Arboriculture and vegetation management
- Pest control
- Pothole repairs
- Internal planting
Scope of work.
- Tree works (emergency and non-emergency): 46
- Tree Surveys: 44
- Creation of wildflower seedbed: Using 1 ton of topsoil to create a seedbed to sow 1kg of wildflower seed in beds located on-site, with remaining seed sown in the service area of the site (See image 1).
- Bird boxes: 2 were put in appropriate positions on-site and in trees to encourage nesting birds.
Cushman and Wakefield and Ground Control; Working together to build greener communities.
A sustainable service:
In their global environmental policy, Cushman & Wakefield say they are "committed to being a responsible steward of the environment". At Ground Control we use;
- battery-powered tools that do not rely on fossil fuels to operate or produce any carbon emissions, making them ideal for protecting the environment.
- work is delivered by our field teams based local to Cushman and Wakefield sites, which drive maximum operating efficiency, minimises travel time by leveraging site density, ensures rapid response in case of emergency and also reduces our carbon footprint by minimising miles travelled.
Cushman & Wakefield care for their people and were voted one of America's Best Employers 2019 and Best Employers for Diversity 2019. Ground Control aligns every team member to a common purpose; caring for our environment. Combined with our values and inclusive culture of putting people at the centre of everything we do has resulted in us winning many awards, including being listed at number 62 in 2021 for one of the best 100 large companies in the country.
Ground Control innovates to be Cushman and Wakefield's assured, trusted partner and their safe pair of hands at any scale, in any UK geography, whatever their requirements. Proactive management of health and safety risks is at the forefront of everything we do, which is why we received the RoSPA President's Award in 2021 to recognise receiving 11 consecutive Gold Awards.
In our work with Cushman and Wakefield we ensure the right operative with the rights skills, certifications, accredited training, site-specific inductions, bespoke customer induction, is allocated to the correct site with the correct equipment and specification – for planned and ad hoc works
The efficiency of service through the use of innovative technology:
Our award-winning technology (We received a Queen’s Award for Enterprise and Innovation: Technology in 2018 and 2021) makes it easy for our clients, such as Cushman and Wakefield to manage Ground Control services with minimal contract management overhead, allowing operational efficiency and flexibility.
Our TotalView system offers ‘live from site’ reporting system and customer portal, designed and built to show our customers details of our service delivery.
TotalView information is used to drive performance monitoring and service delivery to our customers. It is structured to make it easy for our clients to performance manage Ground Control, with clear management information available to their nominated stakeholders, coupled with a bespoke user experience and personalised data view.
Opportunities To Grow:
As we look towards the future and how we can continue our partnership with Cushman and Wakefield, we will also look to offer the following services:
- Electric vehicle ChargePoint installation
- Landscape construction
- Design, ecology and arboricultural consultancy
- Forest creation
Working together and offering further partnership creates economies of scale.