Our mission is to help the UK become a carbon neutral country by 2050.
At Ground Control we significantly reduce the impact of human habitation on the Environment, whilst enhancing the human experience, through designing, developing and maintaining beautiful, sustainable landscapes and environments for people, communities and wildlife to safely enjoy. For example, a tower block is significantly enhanced with a green roof we have installed; green spaces are a fundamental aspect of any of our car park designs; we consider a natural park setting for a playground we are creating to be immeasurably better than play equipment on hard standing.
Ground Control’s Sustainability Goals:
- look at the impact we are having on the Environment in everything we do and consider how we can avoid, reduce or mitigate that impact.
- work in areas and ways in which we can balance the needs of humans and the Environment.
- operate a replacement planting scheme in respect of any trees and vegetation we remove. This will be particularly relevant to our work to support the development and efficient operation of the UK’s critical national infrastructure, for example roads, railways, water utilities and power distribution. £100k per annum invested directly by the Evergreen Fund
- ensure that 50% of our hand tools will be battery operated by 2025.
- help every staff member who is not a company car driver to use an Electric vehicle, if they want to, through the company fleet policy.
- use Electric Vehicles for our operational vehicles helping our Field Teams to transition from fossil fuels to fully electric, including plant hire wherever possible.
- not purchase any company cars that have internal combustion engines. We will transition 4x4s and vans to electric as soon as possible.
- provide staff with the opportunity to convert their home energy supplies to more sustainable sources, e.g. providers who only source from renewables.
- only source certified sustainable timber and timber based products (e.g FSC/PEFC).
- have sustainability and carbon reduction plans in place with all of our suppliers, excluding our Field Teams, with whom our annual spend is more than £50,000.
- have achieved certification to ISO 50001 to demonstrate our commitment to efficient energy use.
- have an education programme in place to help our customers and people with making good environmentally conscious decisions.
- have removed single use plastics from our operations and offices.
- help our customers deliver their environmental ambitions and will lead by example as well as demonstrate to those around us how we can reduce our environmental footprint.
Introducing Our Tree Replanting Scheme | Remove one. Plant One
Caring for our environment is at the heart of everything we do and as champions for the environment we have the expertise to help businesses achieve their sustainability goals and much more. Whilst there is significant energy and focus around tackling climate change, not everyone is in a position to do so. With Ground Control you can support an initiative that enhances and maintains our environment. For a minimum operational cost (of just £8), customers are now given the option for Ground Control to plant two trees on their behalf, for each accepted quotation, as part of their woodland creation schemes.To find out more contact us.
The Evergreen Fund
The Evergreen Fund was stablished in 2019 as a vehicle for Ground Control to invest 5% of it’s annual post tax profit, each year, into sustainable environmental initiatives in support of our core purpose, Caring for our Environment. By continuing to build a sustainable business, Ground Control will have invested £5m into the Evergreen Fund by 2025. Read more about the Evergreen Fund here
Mass Tree Planting Mission
Staff from Ground Control planted 2000 trees in the grounds of Simon and Kim Morrish’s home (Owners of Ground Control) in Essex on November 15th. In addition to this and as part of National Tree Planting week ENGIE partnered with Ground Control to support five mass tree planting events across the UK to help plant approximately 1,000 trees. >>Read more
Ground Control Invests in Fleet of 32 Tesla Electric Vehicles as Part of Company-Wide Environmental Strategy
Simon and Kim Morrish have always had a strong commitment to the environment and playing their part in protecting it is a core guiding principle of the company, with their tag line “Caring for our Environment” reflecting this. Last year it unveiled a significant investment in a fleet of 32 Tesla Model 3 electric vehicles (EVs), taking the total number of Tesla EVs in the company’s fleet to over 40. The investment is part of its company-wide environmental strategy, and one that will eventually see all of Ground Control’s 100 company cars transition to electric vehicles over the next 12 months. >>Read more
Ground Control offer new lease hire option alongside partner ChargePoint
Ground Control has now unveiled a lease hire option for the supply and installation of ChargePoint charging units, continuing their support of the electric vehicle network. Ground Control’s new offering will enable businesses greater flexibility when considering installing charge points at their premises. With ever increasing challenges when it comes to budget approval for purchasing anything new, a lease hire option will allow facilities managers an alternative option to give customers, employees and visitors the service they need as the EV market accelerates over the next few years. >>Read More