Ground Control receives MoD Employer Recognition Scheme Silver Award for commitment to Armed Forces
Ground Control is very proud to receive this prestigious award from the Ministry of Defence (MoD) for our support and continued commitment to the Armed Forces community.
The Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) Silver Award is presented to organisations that demonstrate their support to the Armed Forces. Ground Control actively supports employees who are veterans, Reservists and Cadet Force Adult Volunteers, as well as spouses and partners of those serving in the Armed Forces.
Ground Control signed the Armed Forces Covenant in 2019 and were delighted to receive a Bronze Award in that same year. We have more than 20 employees in our Armed Forces community, and they are supported through several policies designed to make either the transition from service personnel to employee, or combining work as an employee and reservist or volunteer, as easy as possible.
Jason Knights, Managing Director of Ground Control, commented; “This award means a great deal to us as a forces friendly employer. We recognise the enormous contribution and commitment that our service men and women make, and truly value the leadership, management and logistical skills they bring to their roles which were learnt during their time with the military. They make a positive and beneficial impact on our business, and I am very proud we can support them in continuing their careers in our industry.”
Jay Hicks, National Operations Manager for Winter Maintenance, said; “The support from Ground Control is unbelievable. As a veteran I fully understand the meaning of a “tight knit family group”; and since joining Ground Control in 2017 I have found that their core values and support to all company members is of the highest order. Ground Control is an active recruiter and true supporter of the Armed Forces Covenant; throughout the organisation there are several veterans and reservists who have all been made very welcome and have been included into the family ethos.”
Here are some of the ways we are delivering on the commitments made as a signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant:
- Two days paid leave and an additional 5 days matched with holiday for Reservist and Cadet Force Adult volunteers to complete tours and training camps
- A flexible approach to requests for leave from service spouses and partners before, during and post operational deployments
- Recruitment and training of service leavers and veterans, including via the MoD’s Career Transition Partnership
- Support for veterans charities, including Walking with the Wounded and Help for Heroes
- A Veterans Network employee resource group open to all employees
- Acting as an advocate for the Armed Forces Covenant by encouraging and supporting our suppliers and customers to adopt the principles of the Covenant