Ground Control became primary contractors for all vegetation clearance on the Newcastle Metro infrastructure, which is operated by Nexus, in July 2015.
Since the start of our contract with Nexus, we have completed various different tasks including the following:
- Full clearance working to their specification for signal sighting, prevention of leaf fall and providing safe access for Nexus staff to inspect the line during open running
- Removal of dead or dying trees that have the potential to endanger the line
- Emergency reactionary tree works after poor weather
- Clearance of specific areas of vegetation for new radio mast installations
- 3rd party complaints against specific nuisance trees
- Full vegetation survey of their infrastructure, creating a RAG rating, to aid in the prioritisation of upcoming work locations
- Tree surveying and subsequent report creation for root damaged trees in sensitive locations
Due to the quality of our service we were recommended to other departments within Nexus to carry out additional work for both Radio Signalling and Buildings and Structures departments.